The Thomas James Store

THE THOMAS JAMES STORE

The Thomas James Store is owned by the Mathews County Historical Society.  Built in 1820, it is one of the best-preserved early stores in the South.  One of Colonial Williamsburg’s senior architects noted, “We’d kill to have a building in this kind of condition in our Historic Area!”  Moved back about one hundred feet around …

THE THOMAS JAMES STORE Read More »